For years I’ve seen Melanie Grant, whose clientele includes Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet, and basically any Australian celebrity you can think of. She’s a firm believer in treatments rather than injectables, so I just increased the frequency of my appointments instead of opting for anything new or drastic. I wanted my skin as hydrated, plump, even, and as glowing as possible, so about a month out, I committed to three treatments a week and saw results immediately.
My session involved:
- A once-monthly deep cleanse using sonophoresis that meticulously cleans the skin pore by pore and helps soften and liquefy sebum, dirt, and debris. This helps to treat any congestion I had on my forehead.
- Microdermabrasion to gently exfoliate, buff, and polish the skin using an ultrafine diamond tip to ensure no marks are left on the skin. Also once-monthly.
- Custom lactic acid and niacinamide or enzyme peels to further refine and descale the upper most layers of the skin on my face, neck, and décolletage.
- Vitamin infusions of a customized cocktail of actives (things like vitamin C, resveratrol, niacinamide, ferulic acid, squalene, hyaluronic acid, liquorice extract, AHAs) applied with ultrasound to penetrate 800 times deeper into the skin.
- Bioloqigue Recherche’s BioMagic Mask or Masque VIP 02 to oxygenate and nourish the skin.
- Light therapy, combining red (633nm) and white light (850nm) to induce collagen and elastin, calm inflammation, and stimulate blood flow to promote radiance, clarity, and GLOW! These light treatments are a godsend. I always see instant results.
- A facial massage to stimulate blood flow.
The morning of my wedding, Melanie came over and we did a quick facial. This isn’t normal—and I don’t recommend it if you don’t know without a doubt what your results will be—but I felt radiant.